Stress is expensive! Did you know that the cost of stress to British industry is £3.7 billion a year? Stress is reaching epidemic proportions in the British workplace. Official figures show that more than a million people claim disability allowance as a result of workplace stress. Most people deal with stress when it is too late, when they can no longer function properly and they need to spend months or even years off work to recover. Although Stress is needed to a certain degree, for example, getting out of bed in the morning to go to work and keeping us motivated, too much stress is one of the main and largest contributing factors to the overall estimated annual days lost from work due to ill health. On-site Massage, Reflexology and Reiki therapies are powerful and cost effective tools for preventative health care providing instant stress reduction, strengthening of the immune system and relief from muscular tension for your employees.
Did you know:
- 1 in 5 people suffer stress in the workplace at any one time, which is equivalent to 5 million workers
- Around 500,000 workers have reported experiencing stress at a level they believe made them ill
- Each year approximately 6.7 million working days are lost due to stress or stress related illness
- The cost of workplace stress on British Industry, the economy and society is between £3.7 and £3.8 billion each year
- Stress is second only to back problems as being the most common type of work related ill health
- At the 2001 National Stress Awareness Day it was revealed that stress has overtaken the common cold as the biggest cause of staff absence
- Recent studies (CBI and HSE) estimate that stress-related illness accounts for 60% of all UK work absence – this adds up to a staggering 40 million working days per year. The studies also revealed that on average it takes 11 weeks to replace a worker
Today, especially in the UK, we work longer hours and technology now means we can be contacted virtually 24 hours a day via email, mobile phones, working on the way to work on the train, as well as in the office. If the workforce is overloaded, burnt out and stressed, how productive are they going to be?
As a way of appreciation from the company to its employees, organising on-site therapies can bring enormous benefits to the employees and ultimately rewards the company.
- Reduces stress and tension
- Soothes nervous system and improves blood circulation
- Improves lymphatic flow and hence the immune system
- Provides instant release of neck and shoulder stiffness, backache and muscular tension
- Reduces anxiety and heart rate
- Helps in the prevention of repetitive strain injuries
- Helps in the prevention of long term ailments such as headaches, eye strain and insomnia
- Gives a sense of mental, physical and emotional well-being
- Aids concentration, alertness and vitality
- Revitalizes, energizes, refreshes and relaxed
- It’s convenient as there is no need to leave the workplace
- Highly effective and inexpensive treatment for relieving stress
- Can help in reducing the number of working days lost due to stress, headaches, backache and RSI
- Demonstrates management commitment and support to staff
- Raises morale by making employees feel valued
- Employees become revitalised and focused
- Creates a happier working environment
- Greater creativity from more inspired team members
- Easily fits as part of a staff incentive package
- May help the recruitment potential of a company
- Affordable, effective and takes less time than other therapies
- Treatment times can be for 15, 20, 30 minutes or even a full one hour treatment can be an arranged
We can offer mini treatments or our Stress Management workshop onsite.
A simple cost saving exercise that shows your employees you care! The cost of On-site corporate therapy will depend on the number of people involved and the type of treatments required. For a quotation please contact us directly using our secure contact form or call 0845 833 7036.
Comments & Responses
Leave a Reply